These chicken nuggets are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and Paleo-friendly.
Coconut-crusted chicken strips
- 2 chicken breasts, about 1 lb.
- ¼ c coconut flour
- seasoning (choose one):
- 5 eggs
- ½ t sea salt
- 2 c dried shredded coconut
- Rinse chicken and dry on paper towels.
- Cut into thin strips against the grain of the chicken. Cut the strips into 2-3 inches long.
- Heat oven to 375°. Place extra large baking pan or two large baking pans in the oven to heat.
- Fill 3 bowls:
- coconut flour mixed with seasoning of choice
- eggs whisked with ½ t salt
- shredded coconut
- Coat chicken strips in the flour mixture, then eggs, then shredded coconut and place on baking sheet with space in between each strip.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the pan 180°.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve with Priya’s tamarind chutney, apple butter, honey or ketchup!